s

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Satiated

Sobrang favorite ko na ang Waffle Time waffles! Ibang klase, ang sarap-sarap, mura pa (10-15 pesos lang ang isa). Just a few minutes ago I had a Cheese Delight. Yesterday, it was Swiss Chocolate. The other day was Tuna Salad day.

I am hooked. I confess addiction!

***

Last Tuesday I went to the Gateway Cineplex 10 to catch Wong Kar-Wai's Happy Together (if I hear mention of Eric Quizon and/or Kris Aquino, blood will flow). I really, really liked it. I love films which do not follow the obvious structure of beginning-conflict-climax-resolution. Happy Together is just that. It's voyeuristic, really: it feels as if we are given a peek into the life of an on-again, off-again gay couple at their most unrehearsed. Tony Leung (Fai) and Leslie Cheung (Po-Wing) give brilliant performances, as always. I love this scene where Po-Wing just breaks down after Fai leaves him and slams the door. Leslie Cheung sobbing is such a phenomenon.

Ah, but I give the worst movie critiques. You should check out those posted on The Internet Movie Database page.

Yesterday Patrick and I watched Formula 17 at the UP Film Institute. (Bea was supposed to come but turned out to be too busy.) The story was contrived and the humor largely slapstick, but we forgive these things, don't we? Hahahahaha.

For more of the Pink Film Festival, hop on to the official website.