s

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Here Come The Waterworks

Ang babaw-babaw ng luha ko these days. Is it just the emotion of this season? Last week I had to hold my tears in while my boss grilled me about my work. Funny that instead of being angry at her, I was mostly angry with myself. Hmmm. I should let myself off the hook more easily.

Last night we had a lab Christmas party at Ate Irene's. It was REALLY fun, especially the games (Charades and Hawakan ng Saging--haha). Ate Zeny, who was in-house RA immediately before me, and who is now happily teaching high school students, gave me a gift with an attached note. I opened them just a while ago. The gift was a 2006 planner and a ballpen (how she knew that I needed these badly I will never know). But the one that really hit home was the short letter. It feels so good to have someone appreciate what you do. Nakakawala ng pagod. And coming from her, who was in this position for six years, well... let's just say it was an Oscar moment. Naiyak talaga ako dito sa lab. Good thing I didn't read the letter on my commute to the workplace. I imagine people would stare.

I'm planning to write a lengthy piece on the past year. Life-changing siya, to say the least. Hindi man matutuloy yung Boracay getaway, ayos lang. I think I'll have a fun New Year's. But for now, Happy Christmas to all!

Ablir, magpagaling ka. Kakanta ka pa ng One Song Glory sa January 1!