s

Sunday, February 27, 2005

HBD

It began so bad it had no choice but to pick up and get better. As REM took over me I dreamt that three of my closest friends went out of town and got themselves killed. Now, in retrospect, I know I should’ve figured out it was a nightmare, some scenes in it were just too far-fetched. Like this one sequence where BJ and I were in some sort of forensic lab trying to determine if Bea, Grace, and Patrick were really dead. If the microscope slide turned blue, we knew that Friend X has bitten the dust. How very CSI. Anyhow, when I was still in it, the thing felt so real and scary. I kept thinking, I could never replace my friends. Then I wake up and for a fleeting moment think that everything was true; two seconds later consciousness hits and I heave a sigh of relief. I pick up my mobile phone (which I left on) and see that Grace has sent me the very first greeting. Everything was okay.

Nothing special happened. It’s such a bummer if you can’t celebrate because you’re broke. And my Mom wasn’t even home because she had to work, so the rest of us had to make do with whatever’s left inside the ref. But leaving all the trivial stuff aside, I was happy. Really. A bazillion text messages/Friendster messages/e-mails/chatterbox posts from friends and family, and even from those I haven’t heard from in a while. I didn’t go to Mass, but I thanked God for giving me a good life, friends and family, and for helping me get through the hard stuff (of which there is more to come, surely). She’s really been wonderful to me.

To my blockmates and friends to whom I owe a big bash: Later na, pag nagkamal na ako ng malaking pera. Harhar.

Yun lang. And my blog is alive again.

I turn twenty-two today.